- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 grams dark organic chocolate
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
DELISH BLACK BEAN CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC) and line an 8 x 8 baking dish with baking paper. (Use a bigger dish if making more than 9 servings.)
- Add the cooked black beans and eggs to a food processor. Turn it on and stream in the coconut oil. Let the food processor blend for about 60 seconds, or until the black beans are very smooth.
- Add vanilla, salt, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, honey and baking powder to the black bean batter. Blend until all incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add half of the chocolate to the brownie batter and pulse 5 or 6 times until it is mixed in.
- Transfer brownie batter to the prepared baking dish and smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle remaining chocolate and sliced almonds evenly over top of the brownies.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Let the brownies cool completely before transferring to the fridge for at least 4 hours before cutting into squares.
Enjoy in moderation!
For more absolutely delicious snack ideas download our Free Healthy Snacks for Busy Athletes recipe book from our website here.