NormaTec Pulse 2.0
NormaTec Pulse 2.0 is a recovery therapy suitable for athletes of all levels. Dynamic air compression therapy has been widely used in elite sports performance for a few years, however, in Australia, NormaTec Pulse is still relatively new and available mostly through sports clinics or professional sporting clubs in supervised sessions.
Sporting clubs, associations, and teams such as Australia Triathlon, USA Triathlon, Ironman US, USA Track and Field, British Gymnastics, Belgian Cycling, American Cycling, USA Hockey, Ireland Hockey, and the Boston Ballet are just some of the crew ahead of the curve using NormaTec Pulse 2.0.
We have been so impressed with NormaTec Pulse 2.0, we’ve made it accessible to athletes of all levels through our exclusive hire service. We also sell the NormaTec Pulse 2.0 and Pro range to those who like to take their training and recovery a bit more seriously.
WHAT IS NORMATEC PULSE 2.0?
NormaTec Pulse 2.0 is an evidence-based recovery system with proven results and research supporting its claimed benefits.
NormaTec Pulse 2.0 is a form of active compression therapy (peristaltic pulse dynamic compression) with a sophisticated massage pattern that studies show results in reduced muscle soreness and fatigue, enhanced blood flow to the treated areas, decreased inflammation, improved clearance of waste products, and increased range of motion. Studies also show the peristaltic compression process may deliver positive adaptive responses to exercise and improve artery endothelial function systemically making it also useful for individuals who have circulation and lymphatic drainage issues.
KEY BENEFITS of NormaTec Pulse 2.0 (as supported by research)
1.REDUCES PAIN: Journal of Strength and Conditioning 2015 – dynamic compression may accelerate and enhance recovery by reducing muscle tenderness from pressure stimuli.
2.INCREASES RANGE OF MOTION: Journal of Strength and Conditioning 2014 -Peristaltic pulse dynamic compression rapidly enhances acute range-of-motion with less discomfort and time and has been shown to be more
3.REDUCES DOMS (DELAYED ONSET MUSCLE SORENESS), PAIN, and SWELLING: Journal of Athletic Training 2016 – a 30-minute treatment of pulse compression increases blood flow in the lower extremity, making Pulse compression a viable option in the management of exercise-induced muscle damage (DOMS). In general, DOMS-related swelling, range of movement limitations, and pain ratings were lower and returned to baseline faster while using NormaTec when compared to continuously-worn compression sleeve options International Journal of Exercise Science 2018.
4.DECREASES MUSCLE FATIGUE AFTER ACUTE EXERCISE: PLOS One Medical Journal 2017. External pneumatic compression increases flexibility and reduces select skeletal muscle oxidative stress and proteolysis markers during recovery from heavy resistance exercise.
5.PASSIVELY CLEARS WASTE AND METABOLITES FROM BODY: Journal of Athletic Enhancement 2013 This form of compression significantly lowers blood lactate concentrations when compared to a passive recovery group.
6. IMPROVES ENDOTHELIAL FUNCTION: European Journal of Applied Physiology 2015. A single bout of peristaltic pulse compression improves artery endothelial function systemically and improves blood flow in the compressed limbs.
7. IMPROVES EXERCISE ADAPTATION AND GENE EXPRESSION: Journal of Experimental Physiology 2015. A 60-minute bout of whole-leg, peristaltic pulse compression transiently upregulates PGC-1α mRNA, while also upregulating eNOS protein and NOx concentrations in biopsy samples.
Clinical Physiology & Functional Imaging 2016. Peristaltic pulse compression may upregulate rps6 and downregulate Stat1, which may facilitate positive adaptive responses to exercise.
8. ENHANCE LYMPHATIC SYSTEM FUNCTION: Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research Muscle stiffness, tenderness, strength loss, and edema have been linked to exercise-induced muscle microtrauma. Enhancement of lymphatic flow and clearance of waste may accelerate recovery.
“A goal of dynamic compression is to reduce lymphatic obstruction and thereby enhance the removal of the protein- and debris-rich fluid that accumulates in the interstitial spaces after exercise-induced inflammation”. Maintaining an anti-inflammatory diet can also speed up your recovery time. Ginger is one natural remedy that may help reduce inflammation. Read our blog on how easy it is to use ginger here
NormaTec Pulse 2.0 features:
- Individualised programs for rehab, recovery, and injury treatment to suit your needs.
- Normatec can be set to focus on key problem areas of the body such as the quads or calves through a “zone boost” allowing extra attention where needed. There is also an option to deactivate zones of the body.
- Setting can be set to varied pressures to suit you and your comfort
- Portable in a durable case, battery powdered for remote use, and lightweight
- Versatile- single control unit is compatible with leg, arm, and hip attachments. The calibration phase ensures a personalised fit for all body types.
- Super easy to use- set up takes less than a minute, giving you more time to relax
- Made from highly durable material
- The Normatec app allows you to integrate Normatec use seamlessly with your training plan
- Two-year warranty on all parts with purchase
HOW TO USE NORMATEC PULSE 2.0
Typically 20-30 minutes once a day is sufficient for most athletes. Athletes in heavy training may consider use after each training session.
NormaTec 2.0 Pulse boots and hip attachments are popular with athletes preparing for and recovering post events. Committed athletes are using the system as an ongoing recovery tool on a daily basis.
NORMATEC PULSE 2.0 HIRE:
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY-
Normatec Pulse 2.0 (covers feet and legs) are now available for hire through the Athlete Sanctuary for $100 per week for a minimum of 2 week hire period. All our pants are the latest Normatec 2.0 model available in Australia.
If you decide you love the pants during your hire period and wish to purchase them, we will reduce the purchase price for you.
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE:
*NormaTec Pulse 2.0 includes compression for the legs, ankles, and feet (Pulse 2.0 $1799.95 and Pro $3199.95).
*NormaTec Pulse 2.0 lower leg(includes attachments for the feet, ankles, legs, and hips (Pulse 2.0 $2599.95 and Pro $4199.95).
*NormaTec Pulse 2.0 Full Body Recovery System – includes attachments for the legs, ankles, arms, and hips for the ultimate recovery experience (Pulse 2.0 $3599.95 and Pro $4899.95).
*NormaTec Pulse 2.0 Arm attachment set $1199.95 – great for swimmers, rowers, and canoeist
*NormaTec Pulse 2.0 Hips attachment $799.95
A NormaTec carry case or backpack keeps your Pulse or Pro protected and makes it easy to store – $249.95.
Key differences between NormaTec Pulse 2.0 and NormaTec Pro versions:
NormaTec Pulse 2.0 has 7 levels of intensity and meets the recovery needs of fit and active individuals. If you want that extra edge, the Pro version has 3 additional levels of intensity, is fully customisable, has preprogrammed rehab modes, and a touch screen.
Gift vouchers are available for NormaTec Pulse 2.0 purchases or hire periods.
For more information and to arrange your Normatec hire or purchase contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recovering from an event? Check out our blog on keeping your immune system robust after events here.