- 3 (medium) sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
STUFFED CAPSICUM (GF + DF)
- Preheat oven to 125 C and position oven rack in the center of the oven.
Rinse and dry your sweet potatoes thoroughly and slice them as uniformly thin as possible (~2-3mm thick slices). Chips that are too thick won’t crisp up as well as thin ones.
- Mix spices and salt together in a bowl
Toss slices in a touch of olive oil to lightly coat, then sprinkle with spice mix. Lay out in a single layer on a baking paper-lined baking tray and bake for about 2 hours, flipping chips once at halfway point to ensure even cooking. Check regularly to make sure they aren’t burning.
Remove once crisp and golden brown. Allow chips to rest to crisp up before eating.
For more absolutely delicious snack ideas download our Free Healthy Snacks for Busy Athletes recipe book from our website here.