- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 medium egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/4 cups pureed baked and blended butternut pumpkin
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 1/2 tbsps arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsps of ground cinnamon, + nutmeg, + ground ginger,
- 1 1/2 cups coconut yogurt
PUMPKIN PIE ( GF and DF)
- Pulse the almonds and cashews in a food processor. Add egg, 3/4 of the coconut oil, 1/5 of the maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon and 1/2 the sea salt until a crumbly dough forms.
- Preheat oven to 160 c and line a pie dish with baking paper.
- Bake the pumpkin until soft. Blend in the processor and allow to cool.
- Lay a piece of baking paper on your kitchen bench. Place your dough onto the paper and pat into a ball.
- Place another sheet of baking paper on top of the dough (this prevents the dough from sticking to the rolling pin). Gently roll the dough to 2 to 3 mm thickness and cut in a round circle to fit pie dish.
- Place dough in pie dish and press gently to cover entire base
- Make your pumpkin filling by combining pureed pumpkin, the remaining 4/5 of maple syrup, almond milk, the remaining 1/4 of melted coconut oil, arrowroot powder, spices and the remaining 1/2 of the sea salt. Spoon pumpkin filling into each tart.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until crust is brown. Serve warm or refrigerate overnight for a firmer filling.
- Add a dollop of your preferred yogurt ( I used coconut) when serving
For more absolutely delicious snack ideas download our Free Healthy Snacks for Busy Athletes recipe book from our website here.