A ginger compress can be used for localised pain and inflammation. A compress can be useful to ease period pain, back pain, and sore muscles.
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
500 ml water
1 tablespoon caster oil
cling wrap/ 1 plastic bag
2 small towels
hot water bottle
- Simmer ginger in water for 10 minutes.
- Rub affected area with caster oil lightly.
- Soak a cloth (clean tea towel or hand towel) in the ginger water, squeeze out the excess fluid and apply to area. Be careful it isn’t too hot. It should be warm but still comfortable.
- Seal the area with cling wrap or a plastic bag and cover with a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel. Lie down for 10-15 minutes.
- Follow this procedure twice daily when pain is acute.