NORMATEC RECOVERY SYSTEM
You may have seen athletes wearing inflatable contraptions and wondered what the buzz is all about. Compression therapy has been widely used in elite sports performance for a few years, however in Australia it is still relatively new and available mostly through sports clinics or professional sporting clubs in supervised sessions.
Sporting clubs, associations and teams such as Australia Triathlon, USA Triathlon, Ironman US, USA Track and Field, British Gymnastics, Belgian Cycling, American Cycling, USA Hockey, Ireland Hockey, and the Boston Ballet are just some of the crew ahead of the curve.
We have been so impressed with the NormaTec Recovery System, we’ve made it accessible to all recreational athletes through our exclusive hire service. We also sell the NormaTec range to those who like to take their training and recovery a bit more seriously.
WHAT IS NORMATEC
NormaTec is an evidence-based recovery system with proven results and research supporting its claimed benefits.
NormaTec is a form of active compression therapy with a sophisticated massage pattern that studies show results in reduced muscle soreness and fatigue, enhanced blood flow to the treated areas, decreased inflammation, improved clearance of waste products, and increased range of motion. Studies also show the peristaltic compression process may deliver positive adaptive responses to exercise and improve artery endothelial function systemically making it also useful for individuals who have circulation and lymphatic drainage issues.
7 KEY BENEFITS OF USING NORMATEC (as supported by research)
1.REDUCES PAIN: Journal of Strength and Conditioning 2015 – dynamic compression may accelerate and enhance recovery by reducing muscle tenderness from pressure stimuli.
2.INCREASES RANGE OF MOTION: Journal of Strength and Conditioning 2014 -Peristaltic pulse dynamic compression rapidly enhances acute range-of-motion with less discomfort and time.
3.REDUCES DOMS (DELAYED ONSET MUSCLE SORENESS): Journal of Athletic Training 2016 – a 30-minute treatment of pulse compression increases blood flow in the lower extremity, making Pulse compression a viable option in the management of exercise-induced muscle damage (DOMS).
4.DECREASES MUSCLE FATIGUE AFTER ACUTE EXERCISE: PLOS One Medical Journal 2017. External pneumatic compression increases flexibility and reduces select skeletal muscle oxidative stress and proteolysis markers during recovery from heavy resistance exercise.
5.PASSIVELY CLEARS WASTE AND METABOLITES FROM BODY: Journal of Athletic Enhancement 2013 Intermittent pneumatic compression significantly lowers blood lactate concentrations when compared to a passive recovery group.
6. IMPROVES ENDOTHELIAL FUNCTION: European Journal of Applied Physiology 2015. A single bout of peristaltic pulse compression improves artery endothelial function systemically and improves blood flow in the compressed limbs.
7. IMPROVES EXERCISE ADAPTATON AND GENE EXPRESSION: Journal of Experimental Physiology 2015. A 60-minute bout of whole-leg, peristaltic pulse compression transiently upregulates PGC-1α mRNA, while also upregulating eNOS protein and NOx concentrations in biopsy samples.
Clinical Physiology & Functional Imaging 2016. Peristaltic pulse compression may upregulate rps6 and downregulate Stat1, which may facilitate positive adaptive responses to exercise.
- Personalized programs for rehab, recovery and injury treatment.
- System can be set to focus on key problem areas of the body such as the quads or calves through a “zone boost” allowing extra attention where needed. There is also an option to deactivate zones of the body.
- Setting can be set to varied pressures to suit user
- Ability to integrate data seamlessly with your training plan with the NormaTec app.
- Portable in a durable case, battery powdered for remote use and lightweight
- Available in various widths and lengths to suit athlete size
- Versatile- Single control unit is compatible with leg, arm, and hip attachments. Calibration phase ensures a personalized fit for all body types.
- Easy to use- set up takes less than a minute
- Durable and comes with a two-year warranty on all parts
Typically 20-30 minutes once a day is sufficient for most athletes. Athletes in heavy training may consider use after each training session.
NormaTec 2.0 boots and hip attachments are popular with athletes preparing for and recovering post events. Committed athletes are using the system as an ongoing recovery tool on a daily basis.
AVAILABLE FOR HIRE:
NormaTec Leg Pulse 2.0 (covers feet and legs) are now available for hire through the Athlete Sanctuary.
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE:
NormaTec Pulse 2.0 lower leg (includes attachments for the feet, legs and hips) (available in standard and Pro versions)
NormaTec Leg Pulse 2.0 includes attachments for the legs and feet (available in standard and Pro versions)
NormaTec Full Body Recovery System 2.0- includes attachments for the legs, arms, and hips for the ultimate recovery experience (available in standard and Pro versions)
Additional items such as the hip and arm attachments, the NormaTec chair with headrest and NormaTec carry case are available for separate purchase.
Gift vouchers are available for NormaTec purchases and NormaTec Leg Pulse 2.0 hire. (Minimum 2 weeks).
For more information contact us here